Saturday, November 10, 2007

Chip off the 'ole riding block

Alright, admittedly I'm a little biased, and perhaps I even set low expectations however.....Kiira kicked some little kid booty at her very first riding lesson. I expected a somewhat reserved, scared to get too close to the pony to groom him approach. Quite the opposite. As you'll see from one of the video's, she was right in the mix, gettin' down and dirty. It was all I could do to not burst with parental joy. It was her first time riding English and I think she took to it exceedingly well. Her teacher, Suzanne, led her around by the reins for the first 3 minutes, then they did some excercises where she touched her head, held out her arms to either side etc. No fear there. Suzanne gave her the reins, taught her how to steer and before the end of the lesson they were doing cavalleti's (for the non horsey folk out there, that's poles on the ground that the horse steps over). Well, without further ado....errgggghhh...bloody hell...I've been trying for an hour now to upload the damn video. I'm trying on Alan's mac and why in the (*$^ hell can't I get a video icon on the screen! Anyone on a mac out there to relate to this? HELP! I thought this was supposed to be the easy media computer. errggghhhh....

No comments: