Friday, November 16, 2007

G'day matie



Greetings friends! I update you from down under. The much anticipated and hidden secret of me flying to Australia to surprise my sister for her wedding party in Airlie Beach has finally jumped upon us. My mom and I departed on Tuesday from San Francisco and arrived in Sydney on Thursday. We will never live a Wednesday, November 14 because of the time change. Oh well. We stayed over in Sydney and frequented the Queen Victoria shopping plaza as well as getting a "relaxing massage". Quite a lovely way to recover from jetlag. Next day - aboard another plane we hopped up to Queensland.
AND, I've made an important revelation which is - what a piece of cake to fly by myself!! I packed in about 30 min and brought movies, the ipod video and books for entertainment. Mom and I lucked out and had a seat in between us so actually got some sleep.
I think it is safe to say that flying 14 hours by myself is equal to about a 2 hour flight with kids. After each, respectively, you are ready to get off the plane. That said, I do miss the kids and have photos and video of them which i have proudly shown to anyone who will look at them.
Down to business - we surprised Liisa last night at a local restaurant. She will readily admit to getting the "surprise of her life!" Her mouth dropped open when we walked in and she actually did a mom and fanned her face with her hand. It was priceless. And yes, I caught it on video. Of course, can i figure out how to get the video on the computer - no. However, I do have some photos to upload. The big party is tonight so look for that post. And now, without further ado, here are some photos!

4 comments:

Hana Solo said...

Where are the pictures? Am I being incredibly dense? I am on my new Mac, so maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

(See, I DO read your blog!)

heidi said...

No, you were not being a dunce. I lagged behind a bit on the photos! There they are now though...

Hana Solo said...

Okay, so I said Dense not Dunce, but good to know what you think of me!

heidi said...

Oops, my bad :-)