Friday, February 1, 2008

Cooking with Kiira




Ok, it is always a challenge at the end of the day to try and pull together dinner. This is when Evan decides he MUST be held. Which, of course does NOT work when trying to do the kitchen triangle of RF/sink/oven. Every now and then we rally. This particular day we did quiche followed by tarts (the best part). I let Kiira do all the tarts as she is the master dough roller. She does, however, get quite liberal with the flour. Destruction elsewhere in the kitchen is thanks to Master Jebberfield (aka Evan - don't ask how Kiira came up with that name for him?) I am inspired by my good friend and neighbor Mona Helen, who with 4 kids seems to always have some sort of gourmet (in my opinion) meal on the table. AND, a clean house! So, this is what the non-super mom's house looks like after, what I call, total inclusion of the kids....:-)
Also, I am aghast to say, I only just now noticed that Kiira had her shoes on the entire time she was on the counter cooking. I can already see my germophobe friends cringing....sorry guys....

1 comment:

Philomere said...

Those aren't germs! They're Healthy Soil Organisms -- essential to maintaining a robust immune system! Gourmet cooking AND a clean house? BOY have I got YOU fooled...!