Saturday, February 9, 2008

"oops we did it again"


Well, oops..."we did it again" to quote a now infamous singer. We got another fish against my better judgement. But, to be fair, Kiira did do the requisit # of deeds in the potty so she does deserve this. The longest we have had one live is about 4 months. It is a beta fish and they are supposed to live about 2 years. Although the lady at the pet store has had hers for 4 years. Imagine, 4 years!
Well, not only did we get the new fish but mommy got a new bowl with a filter, thinking that would make my life easier, having to clean said bowl once a month vs. once a week. Well, no sooner had I installed the filter before Rainbow was sucked right up it. Luckily I am paranoid enough of dying or jumping fish that I check back regularly. I dislodged our new loyal companion and the hearty little gal swam away unscathed. Well, after that fiasco I put an attachment on so she couldn't get sucked up. Still, the poor little thing was in constant swim for your life mode so I've since abandoned the idea of this "make mommy's life easier" filter. I have however gone and bought her some live plants to add some extra oxygen to her life. She loves to hide behind them and does swim around quite spunkily (if that's a word). So, needless to say, I now have high hopes for this fish. But, I AM taking bets...you now know the full story, how long do you think this one will last?

No comments: