Friday, March 14, 2008

Lavrador the Portugese stallion


Well I don't know who is more excited - Kiira or I. We have a real life Breyer horse in the barn where we ride. For those of you who don't know what a Breyer horse it, it is only the very thing that reminds me of my childhood! Little plastic horses that my friends and I (hello out there Ruth and Catherine!) would make little blankets for, make bridles, halters, leg wraps and even lead ropes for. Then we would name them all, make a program and have a pretend show. Surprisingly, everyone seemed to get a blue ribbon at some point or another. Well, not only had my Breyer horses been saved (and some are actually worth a bit!) but we have since added on to form quite a collection for Kiira. Our latest - Lavrador. He is truly amazing. Just look at his color! You NEVER see this color. It's beautiful. If you ever saw the Lippazanor stallions - well, he does some similar "tricks". So anyway, he is who they have modeled the Breyer horse "Lavrador" after. Lavrador being his real name and all. I couldn't resist having Kiira hold her Breyer horse next to the real Lavrador. Geez, I get all excited even thinking about it. It seems a once in a lifetime opportunity here! Ok, ok, I know most of you are rolling your eyes at me here, I can't help it though! I'm still horse crazy!

1 comment:

Margie in Oakland said...

What a beautiful horse. We grew up with Breyer horses and my sister loved to ride (I was too chicken).

Hey, I am tagging you. Check out my blog, or Kimmy's to see....