Monday, January 19, 2009

Hello Airlie Beach, Australia





I have arrived. I flew into Hamilton Island (which has a fabulous resort if anyone is looking for a vacation) and caught the ferry over to Airlie. Little Harper greeted me with open arms. Literally. She was sleeping in her little carseat with her arms sticking straight up. Cute as a button. I'm not sure she could say the same about me as was evidenced later when she woke up.

We were sitting in Liisa's apartment and I was admiring her cuteness when she woke up. Oh boy was I NOT the person she was expecting to see and gave me a look to reinforce that point. Then, I swear, I wouldn't lie to you, she played dead. Yes, she played dead. She closed one eye and then the other and if I could have read her mind it would have said "maybe if I close my eyes, this person will go away." It all happened in a blink but it was the funniest thing ever. I'm happy to say, she has since learned to love me and affectionately burps for me, passes gas for me and proves that auties are best when changing diapers. Ah yes....babies......

Oh, and she does love it when I bounce her on the yoga ball. In fact often this is the only thing that calms Ms. Fussypants down. Yes, a bit fussy. Must run in the family....

No comments: