Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tractor time



There are very few places where you can turn your kids loose and not worry. The barn is one a place where I can. The kids can run around independently, get dirty, discover nature, see chickens, run through the grass and have adventures. They are fenced in so I know they can't go too far and I know everyone at the barn and trust that we all look out for each other.

My friend Amy has a son who is 9 months younger than Evan. His name is Ford. However, Evan cannot say f's so he has taken to calling him his friend "org". Now it took me quite some time and not just a little bit of frustration on both of our parts for me to figure out what he was talking about when he referred to "org". Since then we have been working on our f's and he, when concentrating to his fullest, can say "ffffffforg". Every now and then we have a victorious FORD!

Ford and Evan have appointed the dirt pile as their personal play space. Beware any who enter. Trucks and piles abound. I put his rain paints and rain coat on for easy clean off. Fingernails, however, are another story. Do you remember when you were little and your mom made you use that little brush to get all the dirt out from under your fingernails? Well, I am that mom now. Even so, the dirt seems to stay for at least three days.

On this particular day, Ford and Evan got a real treat as Lumpy let Ford's dad drive them around on the tractor in the riding ring. Good old fashioned fun.

No comments: