Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

As some of you may remember, last Mother's day was...well...how shall I put this....less than successful. That meant the pressure was on this year. Honestly, I don't feel like my demands are all that great for this once a year day. All I want is to sleep in, someone ELSE to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner (I don't even care if we go out or it's takout. I just don't want to be the one that has to coordinate it!) and well, for the kid's demands to fall on someone else the majority of the day.

The day started out quite nice actually. I woke early (although it was when I wanted to), did some grocery shopping (by myself, no one hanging on the cart barking orders of what food they wanted) and then came home to be greeted by a lovely breakfast and homemade presents from the kids.

Actually this year my request was to just be left alone in my house so I could clean it. Ironic isn't it? I just don't ever get any time to myself in my own home. Really, that's all I wanted. That turned into the kids saying..."NO....I don't WANT to go out, I want to stay with MOMMY!" Bloody kids.... Well, eventually, Alan pried them away and I got my wish. It was lovely, as weird as that sounds. Ask any mom though and I bet they all say, #1 thing they want - sleep. #2 request - time in their own home alone.

That said, it was also VERY nice to have a homemade dinner by Alan surrounded by my family. That topped the day off. Phew, pressure's off for now......

No comments: