Monday, September 10, 2007

The Cold

We have it - all of us. I am ashamed to say that it started with me and then hit Kiira and now Evan. Alan has avoided it thus far. Even Jenny has it. Last night Kiira slept in our bed. I'm not a big fan of the family bed b/c I just don't feel anyone (especially me) gets a good night's sleep. I know neither Kiira nor I did last night. Poor gal could not breathe out of her nose so I tried sleeping her with her head up which just spiraled into a comedy of errors. Me sitting up - her cradled in my arm propped up. Us on our sides, her head on my arm in order to prop it up. And just as 3 am was rolling around and I had seen each number that little hand hit, I was thinking we would finally drift off when, in adjusting my pillow, I clocked myself in the head. Now some would say that could knock a little sense into me. Can't say that I'm feeling any more sensible today. It did awaken me to a point that I did not want to be however. And why might I ask is it that we end up on the 18" of the bed on my side. We have the biggest bed they make and although Alan is bigger than we, he certainly has no need for all that space (nor does he request it). Alas, since I can truely count on both hands the few number of times we've done the communal bed, I shouldn't complain. Perhaps I am getting old (gasp!) and value sleep too much. 17 days until Liisa's wedding so hopefully we can all kick it by then.

No comments: