Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Back to the living and JACKPOT


Okay, I am back among the living. The cold turned out to be pneumonia for both Kiira and Evan and some wicked head and sinus thing that just 1 1/2 weeks later is starting to leave me - good riddance! Well, since then, Liisa arrived, Kim shipped off to England (then Jordan than Iraq). Ginger the pup is here for a while and well, let's just say with a small child that likes to throw food over the highchair - Ginger is in 7th heaven and thinks she has hit the JACKPOT!!!! I thought Rennie was a food hound - Ginger puts her to shame.
So yeah - 9 days until Liisa's wedding. We are whipping things together and I must say I've had this little feeling deep down of when Alan and I got married. It seems so long ago but that little tickle inside - that mixture of nervousness, excitement, the unknown - surfaces every now and again. It makes me feel so young. That feeling of what's to come - will we have kids? Where will we end up? Now fast forward and here we are. Indeed - we have two kids, here we are in Tiburon. And looking back - you feel incredibly lucky. Not only because we have healthy adorable kids or because we live in my version of paradise. No, it's the realization that we are indeed on a journey. We took our leap of faith and keep leaping. And luckily the leaps lead back to where we began - to each other.
I do feel lucky to live where we do, with good friends and an incredible home. At the end of the day though - home is where Alan, Kiira and Evan are. That's all I could ask for.

3 comments:

Philomere said...

how adorable is THAT photo? too cute!

Kim said...

That is the BEST photo! At least Gin is keeping Evan amused. Thanks again!

Margie in Oakland said...

I don't know who is more in Heaven, Ginger or Evan. Maybe Kiira who can be free of both for small bits of time.

Great photo!