Tuesday, October 9, 2007

At least I have my health











Okay folks, I've been out of it for a few weeks now. First off - Liisa's wedding was a smashing success. The BBQ I threw was awesome, if I do say so myself, and the wedding, well, we laughed, we cried.....what else can I say. I'll try to post some photos soon. Liisa looked like an icon out of the 50's. Sophisticated, glamorous, classy, but with just a hint of a modern touch. Unfortunately since I was busy I didn't get any photos of the kids or me but I'll post one of Liisa.

Calistoga Ranch - well, you just wanna keep that as a little slice of heaven. The accomodations were the best I've been in, the service was outstanding and the food - incredible. Of course you can't afford to stay there more than one night but that one night - oh yeah baby! Alan enjoyed the outdoor shower (yes there is an indoor one as well) and Tom enjoyed the outdoor jacuzzi. Hmmm....that sounds a bit awkward - let me clarify that they enjoyed these things in their separate rooms. Although Kiira did get a nice swim in at Liisa and Tom's jacuzzi.

I think Tom's family had a good time seeing SF - although I'd prefaced the vaca by saying, "September is the best month here." Of course I had cursed myself as it was raining as they arrived. My mom and Rick drove down from Tahoe and I was getting cursed for those same words as it was snowing there. Uncle Jeff and Aunt Marilyn grabbed the bull by the horns and DID SF - I mean - they hit a boat cruise, they tooled around AND they stopped at Yosemite and chatted with the bears on the way in. I was QUITE proud of them. Everyone really - they toured and had fun, fun, fun till our daddy took the T-bird away. Okay - some had TOO much fun (Tom's brother Paul who declared on the day of the wedding that he just couldn't drink that day) but all in all everyone enjoyed.

Since then I've slept. Which is good b/c in the last 6 days I've not had a complete night's rest. First Evan was waking up (teeth?), then both kids got a flu shot Friday. Okay - who has had a flu shot? I broke down - Kiira had never had one - and, this could be lack of sleep talking but they have done nothing but give us the *^&*$@( flu! Kiira was up throwing up with fever Fri and Sat. She got that out of the way. Evan kindly waited until Kiira was done. He started a fever Sunday night and has decided the ONLY way he can sleep is sprawled across my chest. Now mind you - if you've read my other postings - I'm not a fan of the family bed. HOWEVER - when child is crying NONSTOP and they ONLY way they will calm down is with some mommy skin (why I ask is daddy skin not as good? I'm game....Alan's game....but NOOOOOOO, it's gotta be mommy's heartbeat the little one hears in those precious little ears (picture slightly twisted, sleep deprived face on mommy dearest's at this point)). I digress. Anyway, the doc says no, it's not due to the flu shot. uhhhhhhh.....hyuuuuueeeaaaaa. At this point - don't care - just want sleep. Still got the fever but fingers crossed so far tonight he's sleeping longer than the other night's so far (on his own). I'd be thrilled if my next post mentioned the words, "
We've turned a corner..."

Sadly, it seems with alot of things, joy and sadness go hand in hand. The next post will update you more on poor Calvin's geriatric health (not so good but on the bright side - he doesn't seem to know this and continues to be quite spunky) and the lump on Rennie's side (look like it's just a hematoma but we'll know more Thurs). Sigh........

1 comment:

Margie in Oakland said...

I was waiting for the wedding update-hurrah! Lissa looks beautiful and you look pretty glam yourself, missy.

Sorry about the family flu, we avoid the flu shot since I am so paranoid of all of us getting sick because of it. I think I will postpone another year...