Monday, June 23, 2008

What's by your bedside right now?


Okay - this is an interactive one....you'll have to hit the comments box at the bottom of this posting...inquiring minds want to know. And do the books on one's sidetable give you any insight to the person at all? I'm not sure what this says about me other than, I have kids, I am a designer and I like trashy novels and magazines.

On my bedside table:

1. Tell No One - a recent pass on from my mom (reuse, reduce, recyle!)
2. Bones To Pick - also a recent pass on from mom
3. Secrets of Longevity - 100 ways to live to 100 - this one is a new one from my girlfriend Nancy - part of birthday week! Hee-ha!
4. My first word book - ok, I actually have more than a few words. This one is Kiira's
5. The Blessing of a Skinned Knee - part of my book group with Nancy
6. Design w/i Reach annual book - magazine really with awesome pieces
7. The Squirrel Twins - now my kids' but it used to be my sister's and mine (reuse, reduce, recycle!)
8. The Daring Book for Girls - actually quite interesting. It brings you back to the good 'ole games we used to play. Outside that is!
9. Parents magazine
10. Home magazine
11. Domino magazine
12/13. Okay - usually I have a People or Us magazine at the bedside too, it just so happens I've been reading other stuff lately.

4 comments:

rebecca said...

1) Knitting - always something
2) The Omnivore's Dilemma
3) The Modern Jewish Girl's Guide to Guilt
4) Pile of magazines that I never seem to get to

Kim said...

I don't have a bedside table AND I only read one book at a time. Is this strange? On the plane I read Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. It's for my book group and it was quite good. Now, I'm reading Middle Age by Joyce Carol Oates, whom I love.

Anonymous said...

1) Eat Right for your Blood Type (haven't started)
2) Sister Knot - (1/4 way through)
3) Price of Privilege (finished)
4) Harry Potter - Book 7 (finished)
5) 3 Half-finished Parent/Parenting magazines
6) several pages torn out of magazine for referral later

Kate said...

1. Stumbling on Happiness
2. The Power of Now
3. Power of Intention
(can anyone see that I'm on a self-help kick?!?)
4. Walking in Circles Before Lying Down
(the only fiction on the bedside table--very unusual!)