Wednesday, July 2, 2008

On Fire


Well, contrary to what you may think I'll be writing, I'm not writing about my writing prowess, or my riding accomplishments or even my day to day philanthropic activities (yeah, I wish all that were true!). No, I am writing about the awful fires we have been having throughout California. I know each and every area has their own natural disasters. Well, perhaps it is Mother Nature testing us. I believe that this is such a beautiful area to live in, perhaps it is her way of saying, "Now, do you REALLY want to live here?" Well, yes I really do. So we "weather" the fires, the threat of earthquakes and even the wicked winds that roar through in rainy season. I still believe it's like waking up and being on vacation each and every day when I look outside and see Mount Tamalpais and the tip of the Golden Gate Bridge. I wouldn't trade it.

Well, our view hasn't been quite as good as you can see lately. Even Arnie came on the tube to recommend the young and old stay indoors because of poor air quality. Oy vey.

No comments: