Friday, July 10, 2009

Old kids on the block




One of the reasons I love where we live is because we have a cul de sac. More and more, as the kids get older, they will play on the street. I feel that they are safe and I can do things in the garage etc. Every now and again, timing is right and our neighbors will be up with their kids and it turns into an impromptu playdate. As I was cleaning out our garage (it had become a bottomless pit with my staging items and my goal was to fit ONE car in!), Claire, Jack and Mona Helen and James wandered up. It made for the perfect excuse to stop cleaning and start socializing. Having a handy refrigerator in the garage, I handed the grown up beers and the kids played bikes/trikes/skuts/and scooters on the road. While we were chatting, a rainbow and then double rainbow appeared. I think I like what's at the end of MY rainbow!! :-)

No comments: