Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First canter, first jump, first fall



Well, Kiira is a real horsewoman. She has been inducted into the hall of falls. Yesterday was her first fall off of a pony. We still don't know why but after a nice ride, towards the end of the lesson, Kisses decided that he'd like to canter. Not only did he canter but he also cantered right over a jump. Not only did he canter, and canter over a jump but he also bucked. Kiira rode the canter and the jump well. In her words, "Mom, I stayed in my half seat for the canter and the jump, but well, it's the buck that got me."



And there she landed. Pride a little hurt but physically fine. She got back up on Kisses and walked around for the end of the lesson. Even today she has been saying, "Mom, I just can't stop thinking about jumping. I don't think I want to do that again." Luckily I was just walking into the ring with my horse. I handed him off quickly and peeled little Lulu off of the arena floor.

Yes, I explained, it happens to all of us. Many, many times.

Today she had a fine ride on Robin Hood. I am happy to report he was very well behaved.

Disclaimer: the above photos are only a reinactment. No Lulu's were hurt in the process of this bucking and falling :-)

1 comment:

Hana Solo said...

Nothing worse than being taken by surprise with something like that. I love Kiira's talent for reenacting falls!