Friday, August 21, 2009

The Maine event





Ithaca? Check! Maine? Check! Alan's family has a place in Ogunquit, Maine so we headed back east to enjoy some heat and humidity and, of course, the cousins!! I would say the highlight for me was riding an elephant. The highlight for the kids of course was seeing the cousins (that was a close second for me!) We got quality time with Alan's sister, brother and even his cousin Debbie and her kids.



My travel jinx didn't kick in until the way home when we were informed after boarding and buckling in that there would be a 1-3 hr delay to take off because of weather. They ended up taking us off the plane and instead of arriving in San Francisco at 9:30 as planned, we arrived at midnight.



I have noticed that since Evan turned 3, things are WAY easier to travel. He is SO excited to get on the plane. He carries his own pull on suitcase through the airport, he gets right on the plane and buckles up. He even is patient with the delays. The biggest difference though is when he is sleepy, instead of crying because he doesn't know what to do, he simply leans in to me and says, "Monny, I little bit sleepy". So, I tell him to put his head down on my lap and have a rest. And you know what? Miraculously he does! I never thought that day would come BUT - here it is. Thank you!

See more Maine photos here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did they not have camels for you to ride?? Those damn camels continue to elude you....
Liisa