Saturday, September 5, 2009

Woodside horse show









Labor day weekend was horse show. I've been eager to go to one since we bought Rhett last November. It was a four day show and we decided to concentrate mostly on equitation classes. We ended up doing okay! We did the PCHA Medal (5th place), the Norcal Medal (8th place), the USEF Medal (5th place) and the Foxfield Medal (4th place). The USEF and the Foxfield Medal we got called to go back in for workoff. Both classes I had to go first. While I like to get things over with and not have to stand around nervous, I HAD hoped to watch a round to avoid other's mistakes. Both classes included a trot fence.

While we were not perfect by any means, we still did pretty good. My trainer, Lumpy, said that the people that came in first and second in nearly all my classes were ringers. Basically professional amateurs that people asked to ride their horses.

I learned alot at the show and now know what to work on at home for the next few shows.

Kiira did leadline on Rhett on Monday. Man she was cute - and so proud of being in the whole riding outfit. Loved her little coat that I bought used a year ago and have been waiting for her to grow into. There were three in leadline and they said they all did wonderful jobs - gave them all a first place and a hobby horse. VERY cute.

Stay tuned for some pro shots I will post in the near future as well as some video....

Thanks for a great show Amaretto (Rhett)!!

No comments: