Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Celebration aka Easter Party 2010



Every year Alan and I have the same discussion. He says don’t call it Easter – call it spring celebration. Despite that fact that I don’t celebrate the religious aspect of Easter and despite the fact that I have called it Easter since I could talk and DESPITE the fact that we celebrate ALL the Jewish holidays (most of which I organize, cook for, shop for, etc), and despite the clear “I am celebrating easter and christmas” declaration when we got married - I am supposed to change my traditions. To this I say, “pththththttt”. EVERY YEAR. EVERY YEAR I go through this.

Despite this minor semantic disagreement, I organize a party for 22 kids (this year) and their various adults with great anticipation and more than just a little cheer. This year threatened rain but the “spring celebration” gods must have shined down because the day of the party was the only day that was dry. 300 plastic eggs, 2 quiches, a ham, pickles, carrots, and 40 cupcakes later – kids and adults alike left fulfilled.





And just to center where the emphasis should be – I asked Kiira, “what do you like better, Christmas or the easter party?” She replied, “easter party of course mommy.” ‘Nuff said.

No comments: