Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The good, the bad and the ugly


Well, I look back on the day and it seems I packed an awful lot in.
First, the good. I took Kiira to the dentist today for a checkup. All good. No cavities, good brushing technique. Evan came along as i wanted him so see what this process was all about since he will have to start coming soon too. That was good too. He got a ride in the chair and even opened wide when our dentist said, "Say ahhhhh". Good boy. Good, good boy. Remember this for later.

The bad. Looks like little Kiira will definitely need orthodontic work. It's just a matter of time.

More good. After the dentist we ran into our friend Kathy at Strawberry Village. She had her two kids and we decided to rendezvous at the local pizza joint.

More bad - after a very well behaved meal, the kids did some running around the little
square. As it was time to leave, Evan decided to act on some early terrible twos as he is prone to doing. This consisted of laying in the parking lot behind our car. Okay, okay, yes, he was in the parking lot but he was RIGHT next to the car. Seriously, he was just laying there like a 60's protester in front of a large tree that is about to be chainsawed down. Not moving. Head on the pavement. The kid has some moxi. Yes, I'm tired and I just want to go home but the sight of this is quite funny and hey, when you can't beat 'em, join 'em right? Well, as I'm coming to the end of my chuckle and am realizing I am going to have to wrestle him up without him banging his head on the concrete parking lot, a car comes zooming down the parking lot (opposite side of us). The Bee-och rolls her window down, and with my children right in earshot, says, "What the f*^& are you doing woman?!" Meanwhile, while my child IS technically laying in a parking lot, he is safely under my hands which would not let him get into harms way. I have to say I was stunned. She rolls her window back up and zooms off.
As usual, several hours later, I have thought of several witty comebacks. "Opening a massage parlor for small children." "Measuring the width of the spot in kid length" "Having my son check the moisture content of the pavement with his cheek" Duh, you IDIOT! Dealing with a two year old tantrum - what the hell does it look like I'm doing?!!! As it were at the time, my mouth just dropped open. One of these days, I will get that witty comeback when I need it.

Now home, GOOD to be home, Alan asks why Rennie was locked in the kid's bathroom. He needed some quiet time i suggest? Turns out, Ren has locked himself in there. Also, as it turns out, he has eaten a pound of butter and is not feeling well. Oh BAD, so, so, BAD!!
In a true team spirit, Alan shuttles our third kid back to the emergency vet where they now know us by name. Oh good, I don't have to go this time. Also good that it is not at midnight when i usually take him. I put the kids to bed in the meantime.
Turns out Rennie knew they'd probably induce vomiting and politely waited until he got there when he christened their floors with the various contents of his cavities. Yes, indeed they confirmed he had eaten ALOT of butter. Off he goes back home (they always throw in the bandanna as well). Since they know our dog is the scavenger chow hound and undoubtedly we will return within a month or two, this visit is on the house. Alan arrives home with good news that all is well but Mr. Ren should be on a bland diet of rice and cottage cheese for 48 hrs. It's now 8:30 pm. I realize we have neither (the India moth problem we had forced us to throw out all rice and I haven't replaced it...). Oh bad. I just don't want to have to go out at this hour. Never the less, I grab keys and Alan and I tag team. I'm off to the store for Rennie's special diet. Just another day....

The good, the bad, and now, me-the ugly at the end of the day.

ps-Feel free to post some good comebacks for above stated nasty women in my comments section....

No comments: