Monday, September 29, 2008

Neil (bling, bling) Diamond



What came first, the chicken or the egg? Same thing applies to Neil Diamond. What came first, the Neil or the bling? My friend Kim and I went to see Neil Diamond in San Jose Sunday night (after the horse show - it was a busy weekend!). He was great. Although I will say we were some of the youngest attendees there. More canes than I care to count. More bling than these eyes have seen in some time.

The thing about Neil Diamond that I like is that he is such a showman that he doesn't need all the stage tricks that other bands use. We splurged and got 14th row center on the floor. Gotta say - the few times I make it out to see a concert, it is nice to see the performer. And perform he did. Two hours straight - no intermission.

My faves - Sweet Caroline (although he reprised it one too many times) and America. He had great film footage of him as a younger Neil and great footage of immigrants coming over to America. In a time when our country is really in the tank, it was nice to be reminded that at one time people came to America because it is the land of hope. It will be nice someday to be able to think like that again. Let's hope it happens.



1 comment:

Hana Solo said...

I am SOOOO jealous! I LOVE Neil Diamond!