Monday, February 9, 2009

Knot what you'd expect



The evenings in our household are somewhat chaotic. I am usually TRYING to put something together for dinner, the kids both want our attention, and both adults seem drawn to the computer. Me for my new found addiction to facebook, alan to his normal computer addiction. Tonight we had a nice break in the action when Alan taught Kiira about knots. This is one area that I have not mastered. I can do a quick release knot which is what I use at the barn with the horses but besides that, I can tie a sneaker. This was readily apparent over Christmas when we strapped the Christmas tree to the roof of the car and headed home. We had not gone even an exit when Kiira exclaimed with alarm - "Mommy! The Christmas tree!" Much to my horror, the tree was now perpendicular to the top of the car. Yes, the proper knots are a handy thing.

No comments: