Sunday, February 1, 2009

More Harper photos!

From the airplane into Hamilton Island



On the ferry from Hamilton Island to Airlie Beach



Sydney



Harper





Well, to sum up my Australia trip - here's what I did. I relaxed. I bounced baby on yoga ball. I relaxed some more. I watched movies (In Bruge, Mama Mia, Fool's Gold, Get Smart, American Gangster). I bounced baby on ball again. Harper is in that fussy stage and I have the utmost respect for any parent in this stage. You are given NO reprieve. If she is not sleeping or eating, she is fussing. You cannot figure out why. It just is. And as a first time parent, this is alarming. You WANT to know why. You want to know why they are crying. You want to be a good parent. And you ARE a good parent. But the crying continues.

Airlie Beach is a lovely place in Queensland (northeast side of AU), near the Whitsunday Island, near the Great Barrier Reef. The town survives on tourism and the sailing industry. The views are breathtaking, the water like a bath, the boats incredible and the people amusing. It is about the size of Tiburon. Without the movie theatre. I love to visit because there is no fast pace. You slow to a crawl. Which is good for vacation but I suppose if you've been there a while, you might want to even jog a bit.

Anyway - here are a few of the scenic shots.....

No comments: