Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fairy of Generosity









It is time again for the semi-annual Roco ballet performance. I missed the last one as I was in Australia trying to coo my niece to sleep. Not this one - present and accounted for. We approach this performance with both excitement and sadness. Miss Erika has been a wonderful teacher for Kiira but Kiira announced that she would like to do the Nutcracker next year. I have been researching how exactly to do this. When I told Kiira that she would have to switch ballet schools and go somewhere where her friends were not - she nodded very determinedly. I realized just how serious she was about this. So...buh-bye Roco....hello Marin Ballet.

In the meantime, for Kiira's last performance with Roco - she performed a moving piece as a Fairy of Generosity. This was Evan's first performance as a guest in the audience and he did GREAT. He was mesmerized by all the dances and clapped supportively at the end of each. He greeted Kiira at the end with a bouquet of beautiful flowers. Way to go Kiira!!!

No comments: