Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Feeling a little WICKED





Seeing as this year is the big 4-0 for me, I wanted to have birthday month. OK - let's get serious. I want to have birthday month EVERY year!! :-) I guess I just used turning 40 as a good excuse to do that. Since my friend Mona Helen's birthday is also in June we decided to have a day just to ourselves. We arranged childcare and headed to the city. There, we proceeded to be pampered by Nordstrom Spa. After, we were spoiled with delicious food at Jardiniere, oh yum! Following, we lost our cares in a production of WICKED. It was spectacular. Not only the singing and the sets but also the story line. For those of you who don't know the story - it is the story behind the story of the Wizard of Oz. How the witches became who they were. VERY good writing. I highly recommend it. I hadn't been to the Orpheum in so long it was a challenge for me to even remember where it was. Ah the days when we had the time and resources for culture on a regular basis....

No comments: