Sunday, December 16, 2007

Nostalgia




Well, as some of you may remember from my traditions entry in the blog, I am a nostalgic gal to the heart. Got my fill of said remembrance when the family and I went a Christmas tree pickin last weekend. It really was EVERYthing it was cracked up to be. We loaded up the kids, the dog, plenty of snacks and drove the hour to Petaluma to pick out that perfect tree. The place had lots of different types to choose from, hot cider, and they provided the saw and a little cart to drag it back to your car. The only thing missing was the Christmas carols. Alan's come a long way on the celebrating of Christmas so I thought I wouldn't push it. Maybe next year. Kiira and I have been belting the tunes out in the car so by next year she'll know more words that me probably (and those of you who know me well, know this is probably the truth!). Her favorite last year was Rudolph and this year we both are working on memorizing the 12 days of Christmas. She's beating me so far.

1 comment:

Margie in Oakland said...

I gotta get me a tree!!!!

Your entry gets ME nostalgic...dang.