Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thanksgiving time




Ahh...Thanksgiving is here and gone...A time for too much food, too much fun, and definitely too much wine. AND lest we forget - the BUTTER sculpture. Now, I have not found anyone to relate to this EXCEPT me (that includes my sister who was there for all of my childhood since we did everything in tandem...) but a highlight of my childhood is going to the state fair and seeing the huge, lifelike BUTTER SCULPTURE. Perhaps it was growing up in a dairy community, perhaps it was me being a side freakshow and picking out something that stood out, we will never know. Anyone, anyone? Anyone out there ever seen the jaw dropping, carefully refrigerated, well sculpted butter statue? Add some credence to my rant here....
Well, that said - each holiday I search for a mini-version of said butter sculpture in whatever celebratory form it may take. This year - a well picked turkey for Thanksgiving...THANK you very much! :-)

We were lucky to be surrounded this year by good friends and family (my mom was out from New York). Our friends Nancy and Gideon and their two kids, June and Ginger and our friends Kathy and Chris, and their two kids, Kailey and Jamison came over. Lucky for them, my mom was here to do most of the cooking! I am thankful as always, to have family and friends that I feel I can trust and rely on. Family and friends that I know will be there for me even when I don't know if I'm coming or going. A toast to you all - I am thankful for each small or large part you play in my life. For it is even the smallest gesture that can make a day turn around and look promising rather than forboding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I loved the butter sculpture! Where did you get the turkey? With your talent, you probably carved it yourself!
-Diane M.