Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back in the saddle



Alan and Evan came out to root us on!



Kiira and "Kisses"



Heidi and Rhett

Not that we ever left the saddle....but we had a horse show at our barn this past weekend. For living in California, I have to say, I expect a certain amount of warmness. I will say however - I DID NOT FIND IT THIS WEEKEND. I felt like I was on the flippin east coast! Good lord.

Weather aside - we all did well. Kiira did a leadline class on "Kisses" this time. The judge couldn't decide who did the best and all 6 kids got ribbons. Kiira was thrilled. Alan and Evan came to root us on. We put Kiira's warm vest on Evan it was so cold - he looked like a little pink puffball with all his coats.

Rhett and I had two of our best jumping rounds yet and won both classes. We did one hunter class (judged on Rhett) and one equitation class (judged on me). Both ever fences. It is such a feeling of accomplishment to come out of the class and feel like your hard work has paid off and you just nailed it. That's how I felt for our second class. Man, he's an AWESOME horse. I say over and over, I am so lucky!

No comments: