Tuesday, March 17, 2009

You are HOT, HOT, HOT!

Just when I thought we were done with the sickness, Evan woke up with Kiira's cold yesterday. Or so I thought it was a cold. Turns out by evening he had a full blown fever. My mom asked me what temp. I said, "'bout hot as it gets on the back of my hand."

There are two schools of thought on medicine. Give it or not. I'm a believer in 'given but Evan was not a believer in 'gettin. If I force it he just throws up (my girlfriend told me today that there are suppositories for this purpose). So last night the poor guy suffers through high fevers, and hallucinations. At one point he was deathly afraid of his hand. He wouldn't sleep in any of the beds because he thought that was where the scary hand came from. Needless to say, we spend some sleepless sweaty hours on the couch. All in all I'd say about 3 hrs sleep.

Flash forward 24 hrs, 1/2 a refrigerator emptied out and a motor mouth 2 yr old. He's back. Man they bounce back quickly. Let's just hope no one else gets it. I really feel we have all paid our dues this year.

No comments: