Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fleetwood Mac



So as I am driving home from the airport around 10 pm that eve, I get a message from my friend Mona Helen - "do you want to go see Fleetwood Mac tomorrow night - I've got two tickets". Well, it's 10 pm and too late to call her so I scratch my head and figure what will be will be. Upon arrival home and debriefing of said Disney trip, Alan says that Mona Helen had talked to him and I was indeed going to see Fleetwood Mac.

So, therein a plan was born. Mona Helen picked me up and we were off to do some reminiscing of our youth. While I was sadly disappointed by Stevie Nick's lack of energy, Lindsay Buckingham MORE than made up for it in his singing and insanely good guitar playing. That man ROCKS! Four of the originals were there - Stevie, Lindsay, John McVie, and Mick Fleetwood. A 10 piece band overall and they really sounded great!



Talk about burning the candle at both ends......up early the next day to install a staging job. It's ALL worth it thought! Youth is but a stage of mind.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I saw Lindsey recently at the Palace of Fine Arts and it was one of my top concert experiences.

Philomere said...

Rock ON!