Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's a beautiful day



Mt Tamalpais before the fog lifted



Mt Tamalpais after it cleared



Richardson Bay shrouded in fog



Richardson Bay as fog is lifting

If I could add the music "It's a beautiful day" by Ziggy Marley, I would. That's what these pictures would be playing to. For now though, I'll let you play your own in your head. There are days when you just wake up and see the wonder outside. This day was one of them. I wish those days could be everyday but alas my head gets stuck in the day to day grind and I often can't see the forest within the trees.

For anyone that knows the San Francisco area, we have fog. For those of you who don't - we have fog. Normally our fog balances over the bay, under, around, the Golden Gate bridge. Rarely does it creep its powdery paws out and over Richardson Bay. This particular morning, we woke to our normal landmarks shrouded in our old puffy SF friend. It really was magical to see it slowly slide down Mt. Tamalpais and lift from Richardson Bay. It was almost like an unveiling, slowly revealing our minds picture as we knew it. I found, as it happened so slowly, it gave me a chance to see things in a new light. I couldn't stop watching.

No comments: