Saturday, May 16, 2009

Reed Regatta





Carnival. Who wouldn't want to see what this was all about right? So, we, as virgin Reed regatta parents, signed up to see events, to see the other parents, to see what trouble we could get into while bidding on items to raise money for Reed Schools. Personally, I was hoping that the project I helped the kids make (the Blackie watercolors) would go for a HUGE amount - one of the main reasons I went. As well, many of the parents of the kids Kiira has become friends with were going and we were all sharing a table. Before we headed off - the kids were fascinated with the masks we brought along - in true Carnival fashion!




For those of you who don't know Tiburon, there seems to be a pretty split opinion of its residents. One that I, too, share. There are the "I am perfect with the perfect hair, nails, teeth, bag and shoes" type aaaaaaand.......there is everyone else. It can be hard to dig through the aforesaid in order to find some semblance of normalcy. It is an affluent town and as much as I don't want to admit it, THOSE people do exist. However, if one puts their "likeyouandmeter" on, you can find some good souls. We had a toe tappin' good time watching some serious hip shaking and then doing a little ourselves as the night wore on.



1 comment:

Philomere said...

I WANT THAT RED DRESS!