Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Top 5 TV shows - and yours?

Ok - don't know why I thought of this the other day but I think having a top 5 list every now and again is a good thing. Our first topic (and this is designed to be participatory so dust off the cobwebs, dig back in the recesses, and conjure up some good shows from either now or zen - okay, okay - I live in CA - I have to throw that part in) is TV shows you'll look back upon fondly when you're using the cane, the walker or even someone else to hold you up.

Heidi's top 5 TV shows as of 1/9/08

1. Law and Order (the original - none of this new takeoff crap)
2. Scrubs - tickles my quirky funnybone
3. Monkeys - reminds me of days stayed home sick
4. Magnum PI - got me hooked on my first "crime" shows
5. Ugly Betty - I think the writing is just spectacular
On deck: Boston Legal - also tickles my quirky funnybone

Alan's top 5 TV shows as of 1/9/08

1. Cheers
2. Northern Exposure
3. Scrubs - that's why I love him!
4. Mary Tyler Moore
5. Newhart - the VT Inn show - not the other one
On deck: Sex and the City, Sopranos, LA Law, Westwing

Ok - now you see the little word "Comments" on the bottom here - click it. Good. Now fill in your top 5.

6 comments:

Hana Solo said...

Oh my gosh- no wonder my Dad loves you! Magnum PI is probably his favorite show ever! And kudos to Alan for Mary Tyler Moore- one of my favorites too! Here's my list:

1. Frasier- I just find this hysterical, so quick
2. Friends
3. Bones- Booth is so cute!
4. Mary Tyler Moore/Dick Van Dyke
5. Two and a Half Men

I reserve the right to change my list without notice.

Liisa & Tom said...

Okay, top 5 lists are great if you don't have a problem, as I do, of changing your mind 12 times every day (Heidi, from the wedding experience you are well aware of my capacity to do this). Also keeping in mind I remember being quite obsessed with some shows and then just dropping them completely once I had moved onto my next "favourite". So here are some of the ones I remember being obsessed with (in chronological order).
1. Jozie and the Pussycats, Scoobie Doo
2. CHIPS
3. Magnum PI
4. Friends
5. Ugly Betty, Greys Anatomy, Lost, Heroes. (I think hindsight is essential in the selection process so all current shows get listed).

heidi said...

Ooo...Jen, I'm going to have to try Bones b/c I love the books. Now, I've been told the show doesn't resemble the book, however, I'm open.
Liis - oh yeah, I forgot about Scooby Doo. That's right up there for me. And yes - I remember you being obsessed with Josie and the Pussycats! And CHIPS for that matter!

Kate said...

1. The West Wing
2. The Real World--San Francisco
3. My So-Called Life
4. The Wire
5. Mister Rogers Neighborhood

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm dating myself, but so what.

1. MASH - the best, the funniest
2. Magnum PI
3. West Wing
4. Boston Legal - continues to be my favorite when I can stay awake to watch it.
5. CSI - I've become addicted to the reruns

Philomere said...

Okay, I didn't even have a TV for 25 years, then I married the AV guy who will watch anything (go figure), but back when I was a regular viewer, it was:
Lawrence Welk Show (no, unfortunately I am NOT kidding)
Love Boat
Little House On the Prairie
Magnum PI
(and secretly, Fantasy Island, which I wasn't supposed to watch)
MacGuyver
and then -- wait! -- a few years later I went out of my way to find friends who would invite me over to watch Twin Peaks...
(yeah, I can hear you saying "get a LIFE!"...)