Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hark, Rudolph the Jingle Belled Angel Drummer Boy



As family outings go, we tend to yuck it up in the car singing along to Christmas carols. And by we I mean Kiira and me. She is my little mini me and gets into things just as much as I do. She has her own favorite songs (as do I) so sometimes we tend to try to combine them which makes us laugh even more.

We piled the kids, the dog, some mittens, a hat, snacks, water and ourselves into our trusty stead aka stationwagon to go out and find the perfect Christmas tree this past weekend while "we" got into the mood with some singing.



We tried a new place in Petaluma where we could cut our own tree. Santa was there to hear what the kids wanted for Christmas and while Kiira was eager to let him know that she would like a pony and half chaps this year, Evan was not so sure of the bearded man in red.



It is hard explaining to a 5 yr old why mommy wants a tree with such and such needles because, in my opinion, the ornaments will stay on better. Or, why this tree is too short or this tree is too tall. I think we circled the entire lot looking for the least Charlie Brown tree we could find. In the end, although it looked a little rough around the edges, we welcomed our pine needled friend into the home with gaity, laughter and warmth. Evan went down for a nap, Alan fled the scene and Kiira and I decorated our little hearts out.

No comments: