Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Having a baby

Ha! I got many of you either excited or scared. No, I'm not talking about myself. I'm talking about my sister, Liisa. We have nicknamed my future little niece Pineapple. Or rather, Kiira has nicknamed her this. She is due on Kiira's birthday but due to circumstances beyond our control (she is breech and now has the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck) she will be welcomed to the world via c-section on December 19 (Australia time where she will pop out). That would be our December 18 here in the US. This is forever going to screw me up of course when I need to call her on her birthday.

I told my sis that because of the nature of her position, I'm sure Liisa will remind her periodically through her life (especially the teenage years) how ass-backwards she can be (yes, thank you - you can take the girl out of upstate New York but you can't take the upstate New York out of the girl).

Holy Moly - do you believe in two weeks I'll be an auntie! Yowsa!