Tuesday, October 28, 2008

8



Yup, it's been 8 years since Alan and I tied the knot.

Twas a chilly day in York Harbor, Maine. About 135 people. We had three seasons. When people arrived it was 82 degrees and some had fun on the seashore. Soon after, they admired the changing leaves of the season. By the day after our wedding, they were searching for mittens to cut the cold from the first flurries of the year.

All of you who read the blog were actually in the wedding-Liisa, Jenny, Katie, Kim. I'd like to pause to say that I feel so fortunate to have everyone in my life today. I feel so fortunate to still love the person I married as much today as I did then. Sure, there are ups and downs but never do I doubt that Alan is the one for me.

Tonight we celebrated by spending a little romantic time together at a restaurant in the Marina - Isla. It was lovely.

Here's a toast to a long marriage, good family and many years of friendship, health and prosperity.

5 comments:

Kate said...

I remember it like it was a couple of years ago! What a fun weekend!
Congrats on 8 years--no small accomplishment...
Much love,
KT

Nan and Gid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nan and Gid said...

Very Cute! What will you do when you run out of fingers?

Margie in Oakland said...

8 years? Wowie. Congratulations.

Philomere said...

Pardon me, but your not allowed to look so adorable, come on now, both of you, get OUTTA here...!