Thursday, October 23, 2008

Like mother like daughter



So, Kiira and I, Nancy and June and Bethany went to see Disney on Ice this past Saturday. As you can see by the look below, she was enthralled at first, she'd never seen the likes of this. The overall score was that although Kiira enjoyed it, and enjoyed spending time with her friend, it was not something she'd do again. "Why?", I asked her. She replied, "It was kind of scarey."

Well, to that I had to reply, "yes, parts of it were scarey." Now mind you I couldn't even identify all the stories that came out because my mom cut me off of Disney movies when I was a mere 7 yr old tot. I think she got tired of picking up the pieces when I fell apart at the scarey, sad, or just unsettling parts that we forget Disney has in a large part of their movies (Bambi anyone?). Again, I was a sensitive kid and....like mother like daughter.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh9NoUiHhQ86iAoSEVzyfkDbEaiCFG_r0l_Yz2XwCQc-6tNU8CtJ0DewIeTrUCfFgVF5sPM1UB67M0A2BCxG_aSeCxdkCq72SKZh8I86KlZhKIl_qqQi-PKiZWivl3N6NTwohLjk0dz1oU/s1600-h/IMG_1623.JPG">

2 comments:

Hana Solo said...

Okay, so I read the headline and thought "oh know, Kiira's had a wipe out story..."

Margie in Oakland said...

Aren't you relieved that you don't have to go back to Disney on Ice any time soon?Congratulations!