Friday, August 29, 2008

Girlfriends



What would we do without our girlfriends I ask....
I found out today that one of my girlfriends had pulled a muscle in her jaw. Now this easily could have been done at any one of our gab sessions (it was not however!). We have a standing get together once a week and I consistently look forward to being able to dump my woes on another tired mother/wife. We compare stories about our kids, offer anecdotes, swap silly husband stories and generally lend a shoulder to either laugh or cry on.

My above pictured friend, Mona Helen, always has a good story (she is a master story teller and beautiful writer - check out her blog if you haven't, it's under my favorites column). She is this extraordinary person who seems to have done it all and how she keeps it together with four kids, I have no idea.

One of the things we love to chat about is our latest creative tickle. We are always making something that the other has a good idea about - birthday themes and the supporting cakes/invitations/goody bags to go with it are always a popular topic. However, Mona Helen also has this unknown skill of making incredible beautiful jewelry. And, have I mentioned that she is my neighbor? And her last two kids and my two kids are about the same age?

It is wonderful to walk over on a sticky hot day (such as today) and plop the kids down, not care about what they are up to, enjoy a cold glass of iced tea, and have a moment of sanity where we have adult conversation no matter what the noise level around us is.

Thank goodness for girlfriends!

No comments: