Thursday, August 21, 2008

The greatest show on earth



The greatest show on earth - this is what Ringling Barnum and Bailey is now calling the circus. I have not been to the circus in years and years and let me tell you - the circus has come a long way. They are trying to keep up with the times and now have incorporated contemporary music, lots of (to my surprise) scantily clad women dancing to the beat in the group numbers and some motorcycle tricks that would make even the more daring person squirm in their seat (imagine 7 motorcycles going round and round in a big "globe" cage - FAST!).

My kids were mesmerized! I wasn't sure how Evan would react to having to sit (2 1/2 hrs as it turns out!) for it all but I don't think they even blinked. Suffice to say - a hit! Favorites were definitely the elephants. Every time an act came and went Evan would start doing his sign for "more" and saying emphatically "Mo!, Mo!, Mo!".

No comments: